Effective Date: April 13, 2018
BETA DISCLAIMER. THE BETA SITE OFFERED HEREUNDER IS STILL IN TESTING PHASE AND IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND IS BELIEVED TO CONTAIN DEFECTS. A PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THIS BETA TESTING PROCESS IS TO OBTAIN FEEDBACK ON SITE PERFORMANCE AND THE IDENTIFICATION OF DEFECTS. USER IS ADVISED TO SAFEGUARD IMPORTANT DATA, TO USE CAUTION, AND NOT TO SOLELY RELY IN ANY WAY ON THE CORRECT FUNCTIONING OR PERFORMANCE OF THE BETA SITE AND/OR ACCOMPANYING SERVICES.
Awynn LLC d/b/a HealthFreelance.com (“HealthFreelance”, “we” or “us”) is the producer and owner of HealthFreelance.com (collectively referred to here as the/our “site” or the provides the/our “Services”, which is a marketplace for healthcare freelancers and clients to connect, hire and work.
We take the private nature of your personal information very seriously, and are committed to protecting it. To do that, we’ve set up procedures to ensure that your information is handled responsibly and in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We’re grateful for your trust, and we’ll act that way.
Users of the Service may be Clients (anyone utilizing the HealthFreelance platform to request services to be performed by a Freelancer) or Freelancers (any company, individual user, or groups of associated individual users or companies utilizing the HealthFreelance platform to offer services to Clients).
Information You Provide to Us
- Personal Information. Any information that we could use to identify an individual is “Personal Information.” It does not include information that is encoded or anonymized, or publicly available information that has not been combined with non-public information. Examples of Personal Information include your name, email address, company address, billing address, and phone number.
- Payment Information. If you use the Service to make or receive payments, we will collect certain payment information, such as credit card, PayPal or other financial account information, and billing address.
- Identify Verification. We may collect Personal Information, such as your date of birth of taxpayer identification number, to validate your identity or as may be required by law, such as to complete tax filings. We may request documents to verify this information, such as a copy of your government-issued identification or photo or a billing statement.
- Non-Identifying Information/Usernames. We may collect other information such as zip codes, demographic data, information regarding your use of the Service, and general project-related data (“Non-Identifying Information”). We may aggregation information collected from HealthFreelance registered and non-registered users (“HealthFreelance Users”). We consider usernames to be Non-Identifying Information. Usernames are made public through the Service and are viewable by other HealthFreelance Users.
- Combination of Personal and Non-Identifying Information. Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers in a way that enables you to be identified (for example, combining information with your name). But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other Non-Identifying Information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information, but HealthFreelance will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
2. Use and Retention of Information
We collect information two ways: information we get from your use of our Services, and information you provide to us directly.
- Information we get from your use of the Services is primarily non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers, servers, and services like Google Analytics typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the time of each visit. Other non-identifying information that we might have access to includes how you use the Service (e.g. search queries), your approximate location, cookies, etc.
- We collect this non-personally-identifying information in order to better understand how visitors use the Services and, where possible, to improve their experience. In some cases, we may publicly display information that is not personally identifying in the aggregate, (e.g. by publishing a report on trends in the usage of our Services) or may provide the aggregate data to third parties.
- When you use the SErvices we also collect potentially personally identifying information in the form of Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) accessed, and the unique identification number associated with the account We don’t use that information to identify you, with one exception: we may discover, by reviewing log files, that a particular account is using the Services in a way that is degrading the experience for all the Services’ users. If this is discovered, we may look up personally identifiable information associated with that account in order to contact the account owner. We handle and disclose this information in the same way we handle other potentially personally identifying information as described below.
- Information you provide to us directly. Certain visitors to our Services choose to interact with them in ways that may require them to provide us with personally identifying information. The amount and type of information that is provided depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for our Services to provide a real name, username, and email address. Organizations and individuals who engage in financial transactions to purchase paid services are asked to provide additional information, such as the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, we only collect as much information as is necessary or appropriate given the type of interaction. We do not disclose personally identifying information other than as described below.
- If you send us a request, such as emailing us for support, we reserve the right to publish it (absent any personally identifying information) in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or help other users.
- In the process of supporting our Services, we may discover personally identifiable information associated with your account. The only personally identifiable information we may discover during the support process without your consent includes your email address and the names of any organizations to which you belong. Any further information will not be discovered without your consent.
- In the process of supporting our Services, we may need to investigate the data within your account, including data you have entered into the workspace, cases, wikis, etc. If this occurs, we will always request your explicit permission before looking at the data in your account.
- If you are outside the United States, you should know that any personally identifiable information you enter into the Services will be transferred out of your country and into the United States, and possibly to other countries. By using the Services, you consent to such transfer and are representing that you have the right to transfer such information outside your country.
- We do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from anyone younger than age 18. The Service is general audience and intended for users 18 and older. If we become aware that a child younger than 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our files. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child younger than age 18 and believe that HealthFreelance has collected Personal Information from your child, please contact us at: email@example.com.
3. Information you Choose to Display Publicly on our Site or via Services
Some users may elect to publicly post personally identifying or sensitive information about themselves in their normal use of our Services. This could occur through use of optional profiles.
4. Information you Give to Other People
This Policy only applies to information collected by HealthFreelance. It does not apply to the practices of companies that we don’t own or control, or employees that we don’t manage. Information on our Site may contain links to third party websites, and any information you provide to those sites will be covered by any privacy policies they may have. Please be sure to read the privacy policies of any third-party sites you visit. It is those sites’ responsibility to protect any information given to them, so we can’t be held liable for their wrongful use of your personally identifying information
5. How We Use Information We Collect
- Notice will be provided in clear and conspicuous language when you are first asked to provide us with personal information, or as soon as practicable thereafter, and we’ll notify you before we use the information for something other than the purpose for which it was originally collected. If anything in this policy seems unclear, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can address your question and possibly clarify this document.
- Here are some of the ways we may use personal information you provide us:
- To allow you to register for our Services and to administer and process the registration
- To communicate with you about our products, services and related issues
- To evaluate the quality of our products and services, and to enhance your experience on our websites
- To maintain and administer our web sites and comply with our legal or internal obligations and policies
- To transfer information to others as described in this policy or to satisfy our legal, regulatory, compliance, or auditing requirements, including to disclose information to law enforcement authorities upon validly served legal process or a valid judicial instruction (for example, pursuant to a court order)
- To charge you any fees and provide you with a receipt or resolve billing issues associated with your account
- In the case of accounts created using business email domains, to provide your contact information to an administrator of the business email domain to facilitate the provision of additional products and/or services.
- Choice. Choice is all about making sure you have the ability to control how we share your personal information with others. We never share any of your personal information with non-agent third parties.
- We won’t share your personal information with non-agent third parties unless we are required to do so by law, or if we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our property, rights or those of third parties or the public at large. It is possible that we may, on occasion, buy or sell assets from or to other companies. If that should occur, user information is typically one of the assets that gets transferred. Similarly, if HealthFreelance or most of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information could be transferred or acquired. You should be aware that such events can occur, and that if it does, the buyer may continue to user your personal and non-personal information, but only as set forth in this policy. Other than in these rare circumstances, HealthFreelance will not rent or sell potentially personally identifying information to anyone.
- We may from time-to-time request financial information for the purposes of completing transactions you have initiated through the Services, enrolling you in discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, protecting against or identifying possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
- If you are a registered user of our Services and have supplied your email address, we may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with the Services. We generally use our Services to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of communication to a minimum. If we do send you information that you did not expressly request, we will provide you with a way to request that you don’t get any similar notices (opt-out, unsubscribe, etc.)
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Customer Support at email@example.com.